Thursday, February 6, 2014

Best Postgame Home Quotes of January


01/04/14 - Miami Heat

Tobias Harris: "It's for us to learn, when a team goes on a run, how we will respond? Tonight, we didn't respond very well."


01/15/14 - Chicago Bulls

Jacque Vaughn on the triple overtime loss: "Well we talked about validation and winning and losing. You feel for the guys, you want them to get a victory underneath them but we got better tonight."

Jameer Nelson on Victor Oladipo: "One thing about Vic, he's faster than a hiccup, man. Did you see how fast he got to that basket? As soon as you blink, he's gone. He just takes advantage of the seams and he's doing a better job of recognizing what's going on, how teams are playing him."


01/17/14 - Charlotte Bobcats

Tobias Harris on Charlotte's 19-2 start: "We came back, so there's no excuse. Once you come back, you're right there. It was a slow start, but we got it going, but we didn't finish it out."

Victor Oladipo on the 19-2 Bobcats start: "I think we just came out rusty really. Everybody's legs might have been a little heavy...We've just got to continue to just keep going. I don't think that anyone in here wants to lose and nobody is satisfied with losing."


01/19/14 - Boston Celtics

Arron Afflalo on 7-man rotation: "We probably wanted to disrupt whatever rhythm we had because whatever rhythm we had wasn't working. Right now the emphasis is on competing for wins and tonight I thought we did that because I could feel no personal agendas, I could feel nothing but 5 guys who were on the court and then 2 guys off the bench relaly looking for a way to get a victory tonight."

Jacque Vaughn: "I think it was just great to see us kind of grind out that game from beginning to end, and be able to answer out of timeouts, execution, having winning plays at the end of the game, diving on the floor, giving us opportunities to get the basketball. Just a great effort overall from the guys."


01/22/2014 - Atlanta Hawks

Jameer Nelson on last failed play: "The play was drawn up, and like I said, the timing didn't happen the way we wanted to. When I looked up, when I actually got a grip on the ball, I saw 5 on the clock and after that you have to make an executive decision."

Jacque Vaughn on final play: "We had 2 options on that play. I thought we had time. I think the possession before that, we had a decent look. I was hoping we would get a little bit more than the shot that we got at the end."

Hawks guard Jeff Teague: "They played hard. Their 2nd unit came in and gave a lot of effort. Doron Lamb is like my little brother's best fried so I was happy to see him get out on the floor but not play the way he was playing. He played great and I am happy for him but I wish he didn't do that. We played hard and held them off."


01/24/2014 - Los Angeles Lakers

Arron Afflalo on Tobias Harris: "He's been playing extremely well. He was all over the glass from start to finish. Until the very last play of the game, from the very beginning of the game he had a great rebounding effort...The way he approached the game tonight was very well balanced and I don't know if it's a career night, but I'm happy for him."

Jacque Vaughn: "Victor's ability to get to the rim kind of established our inside presence tonight; him wanting to get to the free throw line, then Tobias taking advantage of his matchup...Tonight we challenged the three, I thought, pretty good. We weren't great in transition tonight, defensively, but overall offensively we got a chance to push the basketball."


01/31/2014 - Milwaukee Bucks

Doron Lamb: "How we are right now I don't know when I'm going to get in, but when I do get in, I have to be ready and just provide for my teammates, make shots, and get my teammates involved."

Jacque Vaughn on Arron Afflalo being snubbed from the All-Star Game: "I think we're all human and the last thing I told him was this 2nd half of the season to continue to let the league know how good you are. He's a guy that takes pride in his craft and whether or not he says he was trying to send a message, I'm not sure, but I just loved the way he played tonight. His focus was extremely diligent tonight."

No comments:

Post a Comment