DeAndre Liggins spoke this morning at the University of Kentucky. Liggins is there to participate in Wildcats coach John Calipari's ProCamp. The Orlando Magic's 2nd Round Draft pick discussed how he's dealing with the work stoppage and his thoughts on possibly playing in Europe.
John Clay's Sidelines did the interview and here's some of what came out of it in case the audio is too difficult to comprehend:
- Liggins said that with the NBA lockout going on, he was giving serious consideration to playing overseas. He said his agent was exploring the possibility. Liggins was a second-round pick of the Orlando Magic.
- The money would be a factor, said Liggins, especially considering he has a son to support. “Money talks,” said DeAndre.
- Liggins said he was here a couple of weeks ago and played some pick-up games against the new players. He was particularly impressed with Anthony Davis. “He blocked a couple of my shots,” he said. “You’re going to have to dunk on him because he’ll block your shot.”
- Liggins said he has spent most of his time in Chicago working out.
- He said he was happy to be picked by Orlando, that the Magic are a good fit. “I can’t hold no regrets now,” he said. “I’ve got to stick with my decision and live up to it.”